Editing an Accounting Structure can be done within a client file or from the Accounting Structure module.
Note: If you edit from within the client file it will only apply to that file. If you want it to apply to all files you should edit the template from the Accounting Structure module.
Accessing Editing from Client File View
- Select Trial Balance in the client file;
- Ensure the Trial Balance has been imported. See here for instructions on importing the Trial Balance. Once imported select the Tools button and the Edit Accounting Structure from the dropdown;
Accessing Editing from Accounting Structure Module
- Ensure you are in the Accounting Structure module;
- Select the accounting structure you would like to edit by clicking on the name within the list.
Editing an Accounting Structure
1. The Profit and Loss tab will be displayed which you can begin editing
OR switching to the next tab will display the Balance Sheet which you can begin editing.
2. There are three different types of rows available in Accounting Structures;
Account Types are similar to categories or headings. The most common ones used are:
Click here to learn more about editing Account Types.
Lead Schedules sit below account types and groups of Accounts from the Trial Balance will be mapped to them.
Click here to learn more about editing Lead Schedules
Formulas are usually Totals of different categories. The most common ones used are:
Click here to learn more about editing formulas.