Account Types are similar to categories or headings. The most common ones used are:
- Assets (Current Assets,Non Current Assets)
- Liabilities (Current Liabilities, Non Current Liabilities)
- Revenue OR Turnover
Note that these are examples and you may customise them to how you wish.
You can add more account types to group specific lead schedules as part of the edit accounting structure view as well as renaming and deleting account types.
Adding an Account Type
There are two ways to add an Account Type either by using the Add Account Type button at the bottom of the Edit Accounting Structure page or by using a dropdown menu on an Account Type row.
Account Type button
- Click the "Add Account Type" button to add a new Account Type row. Note that this button will add an Account Type to the bottom of the Accounting Structure.
Account Type dropdown
- Hover over an Account Type row and from the plus dropdown select "Account Type" button to add a new Account Type row. Note that this button will add an Account Type to underneath that Account Type.
Deleting an Account Type
- Hover over the Account Type you wish to delete and an X will appear outside of the text box.
- Select this icon and it will remove the account type from the accounting structure. Note that if there are subordinates to an Account Type you will not be able to delete it without deleting the others first.
Renaming an Account Type
- Hover over the Account Type name and a pencil icon will appear towards the right of the text box.
- Select the pencil icon.
- Click within the text box and the cursor will appear for you to rename the account type.
- On completion select the tick above the text box or to cancel the change of name select the cross.