To update a trial balance from Class, simply:
- Ensure you are in the Working Paper Index of the Fund you want to update the Trial Balance for;
- Click on the Trial Balance button;
- Click on the Import Trial Balance button;
- Select Class as your import source by clicking on the logo;
- Click the Establish Connection to Class Super button. If you have already logged into Class, you will skip these steps and go directly to Step 10;
- On the Import screen, enter in your Class username and password;
- Where applicable, you may be required to enter a security code for Multi-Factor Authentication as per the example below. Select Remember this device for 30 days to remember these details;
- Click Allow access;
- Click the Close button;
Click the Select Fund button;
- The Last fund imported will be automatically selected. To change to a different fund, click on the Pad lock icon next to business code to select the fund again;
Note: Ensure Delete existing imported data is unticked. If you tick this all of your work will be deleted. (Only use this when you are changing the fund or importing into a brand new file).Use Reset previously mapped values if you are re-importing your trial balance and you wish to simply update the values of the accounts without losing any work you have already completed.
Only use Set all adjusted accounts as unadjusted if you have used the Journal Entries Menu and have adjusted journals which are no longer required.
- Click the Reimport from this fund button;
- You have now successfully reimported your Trial Balance from Class;