New accounts can be added to the Trial Balance by using journal entries.
Add an Account
- Select Journal Entries in a file;
- Complete the 'Journal Description' and select add;
- Select Adjusted as the 'Type of Adjustment';
- Select 'Add a custom account' and complete the Account Code, Account Name, and the necessary Debit or Credit;
- To balance the adjusted journal select any existing account;
- Add balancing figure to the journal;
- The new account and the adjusted journal entry can now be found in the Trial Balance;
- Map the newly created account to the appropriate lead schedule;
- In Journal Entries select delete to delete the adjusted amounts;
- Under File, select 'Edit Mode' if you need to edit the figures;
- Manually type the relevant amounts;
- Refresh the page in your browser or by pressing Ctrl+Shift+R;
- And the newly created account and figures will be updated;
Please sign in to leave a comment.