To notify the External Firm of queries in the client file available for their action, simply:
- Access the External Firm Queries workpaper;
- Ensure that the relevant queries have been created;
- Scroll to the bottom of the document, and select the Notify External Firm button;
- A dropdown menu will appear with two columns;
- On the left-hand side column - Firm Notification;
(a) Select which auditor in your firm you wish the notification from the client to be sent to.
(b) The first name(s) displayed are members of the file's engagement team.
(c) Select "Show entire staff list" to select another member of staff including a firm manager or primary contact.
- On the right-hand side column - External Firm Notification;
(a) Select which external firm user you wish your notification to be sent to.
- Click on "Send Notification" once you have made your selections above;
- The selected External Firm user will receive a notification email with the link to the file's query workpaper.