When rolling forward files from 2017 to 2018, there are a few things to consider in order to make this process as streamlined as possible. We have provided instructions for several different scenarios that may be applicable to your circumstances.
Changing from SMSF 5.0 to SMSF 5.1
If you are using our SMSF 5.0 Workpaper Pack for your files, we recommend moving to our SMSF 5.1 version for any new files to capture legislation updates. For details on how to make switch to this new version, please see the steps below:
The Roll Forward Wizard:
To roll forward a file, select the File Menu, then Roll Forward File:
You will now be brought to our Roll Forward Three-Step Wizard.
Step 1 of Roll-Forward Menu:
- Enter and Select Prior Period Client Name
- Select Prior Period File 30 June 2017 from drop-down (this will be selected by default)
- Select SMSF 5.1 as the workpaper pack for the 30 June 2018 file
- Select 30 June 2018 as Audit Period Year End (this will be selected by default)
- Select Next
Step 2 of the Roll-Forward Menu:
- only selecting from the following workpapers (or a combination of the below):
- Permanent Files Folder and workpapers
- RP1-6 Considerations for Next Year (remember to also select Roll-Forward Review Points Data checkbox)
- Any client specific workpapers you wish to roll-forward (e.g. signed engagement letter or supporting documents)
- Please note that it is not necessary to roll forward any lead schedule summaries or lead schedules, as these will be created by the Trial Balance import.
- Select Next.
Step 3 of the Roll-Forward Menu:
- Select all remaining folders and associated workpapers
- Select Import Workpapers
Your file should now have rolled forward successfully.