To import a trial balance into a Periodic file follow the steps below:
1. In the client file, click on the Trial Balance tab;
2. Click on the Import Trial Balance button;
3. You will then be taken to a page that provides the possible methods of importing your trial balance.
For instructions on each of these imports please click the following:
Importing a trial balance via Xero
To import a Trial Balance from Xero simply follow the steps below:
1. Select Xero as the import source;
2. Type in your Xero credentials;
3. Click Allow access for 30 mins;
4. Select the appropriate options and then press continue to TB Import;
a) Select which period you would like to import the trial balance for.
b) If you already have an accounting structure applied then you will have the option of overriding the current file's accounting structure – to do this select the tick-box.
5. Once the trial balance has been imported select Trial Balance to confirm all accounts have been mapped correctly.
Importing a trial balance via CSV
To import a Trial Balance via CSV simply follow the steps below:
1. Select Custom CSV as the import source;
2. Click on the Choose File button;
3. Browse through your local computer to find the saved trial balance;
4. Double click on the trial balance to select and open it;
5. Click on the Upload
6. Select the header line of the trial balance and ensure the appropriate sections of the trial balance are mapped to the correct column names (Note the system will try to auto map these as best as possible).
Account number: Account number used for import package
Account name: Name of the account used for import package
Current Month Debit/Credit: Figures for the current month of the file
Prior Month Debit/Credit: Prior Months figures (This will only be possible to import for the starting month file)
Current Period Year to Date Debit/Credit: Combination of year-to-date figures of monthly files. (Not automatically calculated and must be added via import)
Prior Period Credit/Debit: Prior period monthly figure
Prior Period year to Date Debit/Credit: Prior period year to date figures
7. Click Next
8. Ensure the debits and credits of the trial balance agree at the bottom of the screen;
Account code only: Will use the account code to check for duplicates and allocate the last figure in the duplicate accounts as the figure in the trial balance
Account name/Description Only: Will use the account description to check for duplicates and allocated the last figure in the duplicate accounts as the figure in the trial balance
Both Account codes and Account Name/Description: Will use both the account codes and name for duplicates and allocate the last figure in the duplicate accounts as the figure in the trial balance.
9. Select Import;
10. Once the trial balance has been imported select Trial Balance. From here the trial balance will need to be mapped via an accounting structure. Please see the accounting structure help guide if you are unsure how to map an accounting structure Map Accounting Structure.