To export your journal entry adjustments to Xero, simply:
- Select the adjustment section(s) that you want to export then click on the Export button > Export to Xero;
Note: You will not be able to export adjustments that do not meet the requirements.
- A login window will pop up. Add your Xero login details to connect;
Note: Where applicable, you may be required to enter a security code for Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Select the Xero organisation you want connect with and click "Allow access":
- If you want to continue with organisations already connected, click on "Continue with # organisations":
- Review your selected journal adjustment(s);
Note: You can choose to push your journals to Xero as either POST adjusments or DRAFT. However, once you have sent your adjustments as POST, you will not be able to re-export that adjustments later as a DRAFT. Please read the "Important information" section for further restrictions and information.
- Once you are happy with your selections, click on "Continue to Export" button;
- Your selected journal adjustments will be displayed with a success/fail message;
- Adjustments will be posted to Xero without Tax.
- 'Show journal on cash basis reports' checkbox will not be ticked.
- Journal entries cannot be added to the system accounts in Xero.
- Journal entries with accounts which cannot be located in Xero chart of accounts (i.e custom accounts) will be posted as DRAFT.
- Any adjustments previously exported as POST cannot be re-exported as DRAFT.
- Re-exporting adjustments will override previously exported adjustment sections.
Requirements for journal adjustments:
- Adjustment section must be balanced. Total debits must equal total credits.
- Journal entries must have an amount set either on Debit or Credit. You cannot export blank journals.
- Journal adjustments must be set as "Adjusted"
Note: In order to use this feature, your user role must have the permission to "Export to Xero". To learn more about permissions, click here.