Adding a Hyperlink on Office Online
Adding a hyperlink on Office Online can be useful for many things such as adding references to your spreadsheets to other workpapers within MyWorkpapers. It can increase workflow by making the process more streamlined and simpler.
Below is a quick and easy guide to how you can do this.
- Locate and click to open the workpaper you wish to hyperlink within your supporting document.
- Once you have the workpaper open, copy the URL in the top search bar of the browser – you can do this by simply right-clicking anywhere in the bar and choosing the copy option.
- Once you have copied the URL, return to your Working Paper Index, locate and click to open the supporting document you wish to hyperlink the workpaper within.
- Once you have your supporting document open, click the Open in Office Online button.
- Once you have your supporting document opened in Office Online right-click within the document and choose the Link option.
- Once the hyperlink option is opened be sure to delete the pre-existing Http:// otherwise this may cause issues with your copied URL.
- In the Display Test box is where you put what you want the hyperlink to show as within the document – for example the reference of the workpaper being linked.
In the box below under the “Where do you want to link to?” is where you now paste the URL you copied before – you can do this by right-clicking inside the box and choosing the option paste.
- Now that you have your Display Text ready and your URL pasted in you can click the OK button to complete the process.
You will now see that your hyperlink has been added to your document – simply left-click on this and a new tab will open within your browser with the workpaper you hyperlinked to.
Please note: The hyperlink can be added into any cell on an excel document this example was just placed at random. You can also follow this guide to get the same results in a Word document in Office Online.